Parent Carers Together are unable to give advice but we can signpost you to services.
This is a free, confidential and impartial service for children and young people with SEND who live across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole and their parents or carers.
-Phone 01202 451970 (if you live in Bournemouth or Christchurch) or phone 01202 261933 (if you live in Poole).
-Email - email@example.com
CRISP (Carers Resource Information and Support)
CRISP supports family/unpaid carers looking after someone who would not be able to manage without their support. They also provide a carers discount card to help you get money off local services and suppliers
-Phone: 01202 458204
Young carers aged under 18, can contact BCP Council's Early Help Team for support.
-Phone: 01202 262626
SEND Local Offer & Add on Register
Every council should have a local offer.
The BCP Council SEND Local Offer provides information and guidance on local services and activities for children and young people aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The Add-On register is a voluntary register held by BCP Council of children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) living in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. Benefits of joining the add on register include a free discount card (MAX card) and regular newsletter updates.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information and Resources
The letter is for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), their parents, families and others who support them signposting key Covid-19 guidance
- Gov. Uk -COVID-19 Guidance on Social Distancing and Vulnerable People (click here to view document in different languages)
- Youtube Video - 'Supporting Neurodiverse Children in Challenging Times such as during Self Isolation'
- Be-Human - The page has been set up for people and families to share useful links, practical tips and ideas that people who manage their direct payments have put in place for themselves and their PA’s
- Beyond Words Booklet- 'Beating the Virus'
- Youtube Audio of the Beyond Words Booklet -'Beating the Virus' including a hand-washing rap video embedded from the Purple All Stars.
- Beyond Words Booklet- 'Jack plans ahead-a guide for families and carers'
- Beyond Words Booklet - 'Good days and bad days during Lockdown'
- Beyond Words Booklet- 'When someone dies from Coronavirus- a guide for families and carers'
- Visual Signs/PECS Images from Include 'In' Autism Pandemic Coronavirus ( includes Coronavirus symptoms, social distancing, handwashing)
By completing a form, WellChild COVID-19 Direct Response Service will try and help you get the things you need including: access to food delivery service, prescription collection and delivery of Personal Protective Equipment for your care team e.g handwash, alcohol gel, gloves, aprons, etc.
- Together We Can- BCP Council Helpline and online information for vulnerable local people.
- Online Food Shopping for Families with Disabled Children- (information from Contact)
- Education Health and Care Plans: Guidance on temporary legislative changes relating to COVID-19 -May 2020, Department of Education
- "Coronavirus-a book for children" illustrated by Axel Scheffler
- Sparklers at Home website - helping kids through activities to learn to understand and manage their emotions, build their self-esteem, make (and be!) good friends and long-term, understand all about their wellbeing.
- Safe Hands Thinking Minds website- resources to support children and adults around anxiety, worry, stress, and fears; including specifically Covid-19