Are you a parent or carer for a child or young person with SEND?
Are you frustrated by services in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole?
Do you want a say in how services are developed and delivered locally?
Then join Parent Carers Together
We work in partnership with the local authority, health services and other service providers to raise awareness, influence change and support parents and carers to have a voice in how SEND services are shaped and delivered in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
We would love you to join us and help raise awareness of our children’s and families needs.
Benefits of joining:
- Being a part of a influential parent carer forum
- Having your voice heard in consultations/surveys
- Preferential invites to training, workshops and events
- Receive our regular email communcaitions
- Sharing experiences and socialising with other parents
- Making a difference
Your views, experiences, ideas and contributions in time and skills are valuable, we appreciate you sharing them with us.
Click below to become a member and join us now!
Volunteer for us
We depend on our volunteers to enable us to continue our work.
No contribution is too small, we welcome everyone.
If you can spare the time, hourly, weekly, monthly or however much you can then please get in touch
We would love to hear from you.
Our volunteers help to shape the future of SEND services by working in partnership with the local authority, education, health and social care to ensure the collective voice of parents and carers of children and young people is heard across Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole.
Whatever skills and time you have to offer we will give you the training and support you need to work with us to represent the collective voice of parent carers. We are looking for the following types of volunteers:
- Steering Group Member – help with the overall running of the forum. You would initially be invited to observe a meeting before deciding on commitment
- Meeting Representative – represent the forum at meetings with the local authority and other organisations to influence decisions about local services. Meeting times are varied and involvement is reported back to steering group.
- Marketing – making sure our leaflets are at different locations within the community.
- School Liaison Volunteer– representing the forum at preschool and schools across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole to seek parent and carer feedback on local SEND services.